Thursday 29 September 2011

a-england Avalon layered with Nails Inc Franklins Row

I have had Nails Inc Franklins Row for a while, I got it as part of the Paparazzi Collection on QVC.  I have only worn it once and did like it but thought the duochrome was stronger in the bottle than on the nail.  I could always see more of the blue and only hints of the purple, mostly due to the flecks through it, and it just wasn't as strong as I would have liked.

I decided to try layering to see if I could bring out more of the purple as I haven't actually tried this before with these kinds of colours and I was happy with the result to be honest.

My first 'go to' of purple polishes was a-england Avalon (which I have previously shown here), if any polish needed more purple, this would be the one to give it.

Here is 1 coat of the Knight, 1 of Avalon, 1 of Franklins Row and 1 of the Shield.





The above pictures were all taken under my usual spotlight but there was a quick burst of sun just as I got home from work so I managed to snap a few hand shots which show the colour difference better.




I don't say this very often but I would suggest clicking on the pictures to get more detail to see the colour better.

I hope you enjoyed my first layering attempt and I will probably have another try shortly and any comments are welcome xx

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I prefer Duke of York Place to Franklin's Row because of the lack of purple on the nail in Franklin's Row. I may have to try this and see what happens! And if all else fails I have Duke of York Place which is more like the polish I thought Franklin's Row would be (not that I dislike Franklin's Row, I do like it, I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never managed to get my hands on Duke of Your Place so couldn't even compare them for you. You can let me know how similar they are if you try this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh good, my comment worked! I accidentally double clicked something and instead of the confirmation of the comment it told me I couldn't post an empty comment *head desk*

    If I do it at some point with some good light around I'll see if I can manage to get you a picture :) I did wear them with a few months between them so maybe my memory of Franklin's Row has got distorted or my expectations for how exactly Duke of York Place would look were lower... but I shall swatch them together and see what I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, its funny how memory can distort things :) If you do manage to get a picture, send me it my email or something so I can see <3 xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment as I do enjoy reading them all but I would kindly ask that if you wish to send me a link (to your own blog etc), please do so via email (details on side bar) xx